Whole or Half of a Cow for Custom Butcher
How Custom Butcher works:
- You buy one (Whole or Half) of our live young steers or heifers.
- We deliver to the butcher.
- You pay us $1,975 for a Whole or $1,175 for Half. Deposit: $800 for Whole or $400 for Half.
- You tell the butcher how you want your meat packaged, such as thickness of steaks, number per package, pounds per package, and size of roasts.
- You pick up your meat from the butcher when it is ready and pay for the processing fee, typically $650-950 for Whole or $350-550 for Half.
- For a Whole cow, you will have about 350-450 pounds of meat (typically 20-25 Rib eye steaks, 20-30 T-bone steaks, 14-16 Sirloin steaks, 12-16 Chuck roasts, 12-16 Round roasts, 2-4 Rump roasts, 8-12 Fajita packages, 2 Briskets, other various cuts as requested, and ground beef). This is about $6-7 per pound.
- For a Half cow, you will have about 175-225 pounds. This is about $7-8 per pound.
Appointments available: July 22, Aug 19, Sep 22, Oct 06, Nov 03, and Dec 01.
Simply pay a deposit, and Laura will contact you to schedule your preferred appointment date.
The meat is the best I have eaten, so tender, good flavor, and love that it's healthy grass-fed beef. The icing on this is that you can't meet two more wonderful people to deal with and trust. Thank you, Laura and StevieRay.
Sandy B., Fredericksburg, TX
Finally got to eat some of the beef and OMG it was wonderful ... next time I would like to buy whole one. Thank you!
Naomi R., Marble Falls
I have been buying beef regularly from Laura at Brangus Best Cattle at the Saturday Farmers Market in Georgetown. I have gotten roasts, steaks, and shanks and they have all been great. I especially appreciate the hints that Laura has given me on preparing this young tender meat. I can hardly wait for my special order that will be cut to my specifications so that I can enjoy even more of this wonderful beef.
Len F., Georgetown, TX
I bought from you last week at the farmers market, and your ground beef was outrageous!
Alison, Driftwood, TX